I just got married a little over two weeks ago. Jon and I aren’t traditional people so we didn’t do a lot of traditional wedding things. We didn’t do a bouquet or garter toss. And I had two girls and two guys as my brides-people.
As we were planning, I realized just how much traditional stuff we weren’t going to have to plan. Like how were we going to be whisked away to happily ever after — our ceremony and reception were at the same location so we didn’t need a “Just Married” vehicle.
I thought it’d be fun to see what wedding vehicles we might have picked. First, some of the top non-traditional vehicles:
- Scooters – nothing cuter than a bride and groom scooting away together. Or even better, a motorcycle with a sidecar. For my fancy dress and all.
- Bicycles – while hard in a wedding dress, it would’ve been totally adorable.
- A VW Van with a Silver Bullet trailer – we can start our backpacking honeymoon early!
- A Jeep Wrangler – since we’re both the adventurous type!
However, if we were to go the traditional route, we might’ve stuck to a list like this:
- 1950’s Rolls-Royce – because it’s really a classic.
- Horse-drawn carriage – who doesn’t want to feel like king and queen?
- Convertible – since the weather was amazing.
But alas, we chose a different set of wheels. Why?
Because it’s totally us.
Me on my roller derby skates. Jon on his polo bike.
Are you married? What was your “Just Married” car?
If not, what will your “Just Married” car be?