From Tex-Mex to classic BBQ to tasty desserts, Dallas definitely has the food truck scene covered. So if you live in the DFW area and are looking for something new to try, check out the list below of RightTurn’s top five food trucks!
1. OinknMoo BBQ: Well it wouldn’t be Texas without some old-fashioned BBQ, and OinknMoo BBQ is just the place for that. OinknMoo takes their BBQ quite seriously, believing it to be an art form. OinknMoo specializes in traditional Texas-style BBQ. All of OinknMoo’s offerings, from sauces to sides, are handcrafted and made with the highest quality ingredients right on their truck, which is equipped with a smoker able to smoke 300 pounds of meat at a time. Sounds pretty good, right? To learn more, check out omqbbq.com.
2. Vegan Noms: If the BBQ heaven described above doesn’t seem quite your taste, then Vegan Noms may be just the thing for you. Vegan Noms specializes in muffins, bars, cookies, and cupcakes that are all made without any animal products at all! Vegan Noms takes advantage of the best available alternatives to animal products to make creations so delicious you would never even know they’re vegan. Pretty sweet, huh? Read more about Vegan Noms at vegannoms.com!
3. So-Cal Tacos: Now on to another Texan favorite: tacos. So-Cal’s tacos, as the name hints, feature a Southern California flare that is to die for. Known for their fish tacos, which are some of the best in the DFW area, So-Cal Tacos has definitely made its mark on the food truck scene. Hungry to learn more? Check out facebook.com/SoCalTacos.
4. Easy Slider: Serving up a delicious combo of Southern classics and local favorites, Easy Slider makes it their mission to use local meats and produce to achieve ultimate freshness and quality. While the majority of their items feature beef, Easy Slider also has some great options featuring pork, chicken, and seafood, as well as some vegetarian choices too. At Easy Slider there is definitely something for everyone, so grab a bite and hang with some friends. To learn more, check out the Easy Slider website!
5. Big D Kona Ice: We all know that Texas is hot, hot, hot! So, what better way to cool down than with some delicious, gourmet shaved ice? Big D Kona Ice specializes in shaved ice with exotic, fun flavors. Plus, you get to make your own! Simply, order your ice and top it yourself with any of the ten available flavors. I know I want one! Find Big D Kona Ice on Facebook.
Next time you’re feeling hungry, be sure to check out some of these food trucks! Have a local favorite that’s not listed here? Be sure to tell us about it in the comments section!